Lignifer Co. was established as a socialist
industrial co-operative in 1948.
By the end of the 70-ies our company had 580 employees in 4 fields of
1. Metal processig workshop,
2. Carpenter workshop,
3. Ceramic workshop and
4. Plastic product
products were sold in the domestic market and partly in the former COMECON
That time the co-operative was in collective ownership
and the small shareholders were the employees themselves.
Due to the political and economical changes in
Hungary in 1989 as well as based on the Law and Regulation No.1/1992 the
ownership had to be determined by exact names and persons. As a result of
this the ceramic and the plastic product workshops went independent but the
metal processing and the carpenter workshops remained in the property of
Because of all these changes the production was
stagnant with no profit, so the company had to be reformed and reorganized.
In 1998 the majority (90 %) of the small shareholders sold their shares to
2 companies that reorganized both the production and the management of the
company. The loss-producing carpenter workshop was closed and the metal processing
workshop was developed.
As a consequence of the reform at the company,
Lignifer was transformed to a Limited Liability Company in 2005.
At the present time the efforts of the company
has been focused to the production of stainless steel equipment and
furniture for hospitals, laboratory animal breeding, pharmaceutical
factories, research institutes etc.
Recently about 65 % of the production is exported to such countries as
Germany, France, The Nederlands, Austria, Russia, Ukraine, etc.
In 2002 Lignifer was qualified according to the
Quality Management System ISO
9001:2000 and the Cerificate of the Quality Management System is renewed
and confirmed year by year.
The company has a growing production with a
stable financial background.